Monday, November 25, 2013

TRAUMA HARNESS - "Leechman / New Dark World" - Tape - 2012


    Whenever I see the unmistakable art of Lumpy, I pick up the release and take it without any thought because I know that the sounds contained within will be interesting, thought-provoking and/or fucking punk in the exact way that I like. I ran into this tape on an icy cold January day at a record store in Asheville, NC. It was only $1.95. The clerk looked at it and sniffed "You actually want this?" Yeah.


   TRAUMA HARNESS plays dark, noisy, fucked post-punk and the two songs on this cassingle are a stellar intro into what the band has to offer. "Leechman" is upbeat, yet dark and creepy, but "New Dark World" is what really made my $1.95 feel well spent. The song is held together by a dark, repetitive bass line while the guitar riffs away into single-note abandon. It sounds claustrophobic and tense. It also reminds me of how I wanted JOY DIVISION to sound when I was a teenage punk, rather than what they actually sound like, if that makes any sense. Download it and listen to it while walking down a cold, lonely street at 2 a.m. on a Tuesday and see if you get chills.


To hear more by TRAUMA HARNESS, check out their Bandcamp page. You could also just download this tape from them, rather than getting my rip from the cassette. To order physical tapes and more, I urge you to click over to Spotted Race and spend your stupid cash on weird ephemera to clutter your room.
I meant to upload this yesterday, but I got terribly distracted by a text flurry...I mean, it's 2013. Deal with it. 
 

2 comments:

Dk said...

I've had nothing but great experiences with Lumpy/Spotted Race - affordable (just cuz it's 'cheap' don't mean it sucks), ships fast and always presents a slew of interesting bands. Don't know if I could ever walk the streets at 2 a.m. though. Last thing I need is a stop & frisk by officer Jack the Dahmer Bundy. heh

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing very informative post with us...This information is very useful for me...i really like this information...Keep sharing like this....

Traumatic Loneliness and Emotional Neglect