Wednesday, November 13, 2013

VACCUUM - "Space-Fi Demo" - Tape - 2011


   When my band went to Europe last year, I had a daily ritual in the van. No matter what, I would make a point to listen to the entire FROZEN TEENS LP (buy it here) and this VACCUUM demo. I had previously heard the original VACCUUM demo and even seen the band live, but I would be hard pressed to tell you what they sound like other than "noisy hardcore". With this demo, something clicked in my head and I've had it on repeat ever since. The band took four songs from two different EP's and gave them a serious remix...and the drums are played on a shoe box...and the vocals are almost bored...I don't know...I love this shit soooo much. It's the perfect kind of music for a tape. It just sounds perfectly fucked out.
   This tape is an excellent compliment to their later EP that was given the remix treatment by PIG HEART TRANSPLANT. To tell you the truth, I don't even remember what the original band sounds like because I've listened to their remixes way more than their original recordings. Join me, why don't you? Get obsessed.

No comments: