Tuesday, December 3, 2013

SUBCLINIX - Demo - Tape - 2011


    Do you ever have that feeling that you want to see a punk band who sounds like they only have a record collection that consists of "Killed By Death" compilations...or even better, they just own the original records compiled on those comps? Well, I do sometimes. I feel like I've tried to voice this to friends in the past and then they try to turn me on to some crappy pop-punk band who probably listens to fucking NOFX records at home.
   SUBCLINIX is the band I'm looking for in these moments. They're just fucking punk. They're great and they have hooks. My band played with them in a dingy Oakland basement a few years ago and I could have just gone home happy immediately after their set, but we still had to play. I bought their fucking tape and here it is. They're still a band, but they don't play too often. Deal with it.



No comments: