Friday, April 18, 2014

PEDRO SAYS HI - "Live At Sweet Hickory" - Video - 2007


   PEDRO SAY HI was the solo "pop" project of my good friend, Zak who usually concentrated on noise projects and the long running juggernaut known as PUPPY VS DYSLEXIA. He decided that he wanted to flesh out his simple pop songs into a full band, while making it noisier and a little more chaotic. He recruited his PUPPY-bandmate, Leah to play 2nd guitar (who is the only person I've ever seen play in a punk band using finger picks exclusively), Benny on bass (who played in GOURMET SCUM and later had the most wonderful child named....Pedro) and he got me to play drums. We were pretty short-lived due to other commitments, self-destruction and things that I just can't talk about. I wish that the band had recorded, but Zak didn't want to for his own reasons, which is fine. 
   These videos were filmed by Dave Walter back in 2007 at a very, very sweaty and humid show at Sweet Hickory (an art gallery/record store) in Bloomington, IN, where we lived. The performance is loose, to say the least. We even threw out an ELO cover, which I had never heard in my life and Zak asked me to never listen to it...so I still haven't. 
   Time marched on. Some truly unspeakable events happened. We got back together to play a show in Chattanooga in 2011, as well as record a demo tape. We got the basic tracks down for all of the songs, but Zak was never fully satisfied with how his voice sounded, so the tape has slipped into hiding and I haven't heard a note of it since recording it. 
   That's how things go and that's fine. Enjoy these shoddy live videos of songs about cannibalism, secret societies, feral humans, licking blood off the floors and mental breakdowns. I hope to be in the same room with these fine humans again one day soon, because I love the shit out of them.
  Features members of PUPPY VS DYSELXIA, GOURMET SCUM, TWAT SAUCE, JON BENET SASQUATCH, NEON PISS and many, many more. 

1 comment:

sheena said...

loved watching and listening to this! should not Nostalgia, but damn i miss fun punk shows. i might say something stupid in one of these.